Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Wonderful Snowy Winter

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Have had lots of good snow. Went cross-country skiing both weekend days. Saw tracks of snow shoe hares, moose (big feet!), deer, dogs, some little critters I couldn’t identify. Sled dogs out having a good time. We share the trails and step to the side (they have the right of way).

I have been writing for over 25 years and have been a member of the New Hampshire Writer’s Project for many years. I am gradually getting involved with more artist’s associations. I joined the Manchester Artist’s Association. We have a group of Jewish artists organizing as well, but we haven’t picked a name. We coordinate through the Jewish Federation of New Hampshire with our sister city’s art group at Ein Hod (Israel). Two of their artists will be coming in May and we will have a showcase at the Federation’s festival celebrating Israel’s 60th birthday.

Somehow we got on the topic of Hevra Kadisha (Jewish holy burial society). I offered to do an article for the paper (since I am a writer as well as artist) on “green burials” and the Hevra Kadisha. I submitted it to the Reporter (our monthly Jewish newspaper in NH) and the Union Leader (our local daily paper). The Reporter will publish in April if there is room. I will attempt to figure out how to post the article here as well.

No comments: