Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Redbud Tree explained

Joe and I took a trip to Israel in March of 2006. I had never seen a redbud tree before and was impressed with the beautiful blossoms. I took a photo looking up. I like to play with oil pastels (they are like kids crayons) and made a drawing. I experimented with pen and ink (calligraphy) on a transparency, but I decided to use the computer and printer instead for the writing. I added a transparency over the drawing with both the Hebrew and English verses from Song of Songs 2:11-12 (I have a Hebrew word processor as well as an English one).

For now the winter is past,
The rains are over and gone,
The blossoms appear on the land . . .

Of course, it is still winter here in New Hampshire, but we can dream about spring. I already bought some seeds for my garden and I hope to see some bare ground in the next few weeks.

No comments: