Sunday, January 9, 2011

Water Tower sketch (vignette)

Just a sketch of the water tower from my photo earlier. I found I don't really enjoy doing man-made structures, so I will probably not make a painting from this one.

This was an experiment with my new watersoluble crayons. First time I have tried these. These are Caran D'Ache Neocolor II water-soluble wax pastels. Easy to use with just a bit of water on a brush. Also used Micron 05 ink pen for the base structure on Bristol smooth paper. Easy project for a sketch.

I think I'll try the crayons again on a watercolor paper. That would probably be a better choice, but I was just experimenting.

2 comments:

Vu N!nh said...

in my country, there is no water tower... thanks for your sketch

Linda H. Feinberg said...

You're welcome. It constantly amazes me that people from all over the world are looking at my little blog. Thank you for commenting.