Sunday, January 9, 2011

Water Tower sketch (vignette)

Just a sketch of the water tower from my photo earlier. I found I don't really enjoy doing man-made structures, so I will probably not make a painting from this one.

This was an experiment with my new watersoluble crayons. First time I have tried these. These are Caran D'Ache Neocolor II water-soluble wax pastels. Easy to use with just a bit of water on a brush. Also used Micron 05 ink pen for the base structure on Bristol smooth paper. Easy project for a sketch.

I think I'll try the crayons again on a watercolor paper. That would probably be a better choice, but I was just experimenting.

1 comment:

Linda H. Feinberg said...

You're welcome. It constantly amazes me that people from all over the world are looking at my little blog. Thank you for commenting.