Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cross country skiing

Winter fun in New Hampshire. Photos taken Jan. 14, 2011 in Auburn, NH. Trail was quiet on Friday afternoon, only had one snowmobile pass us. This is usually a very busy trail on weekends. The sign on the tree says "CAUTION, WATCH FOR SLED DOGS ON TRAIL".

The protocol is to let everyone else go by so we step to the side when we hear motors or dogs. It felt wonderful to be out in the crisp, cold air, moving these old bones. Joe is 69 and I will be 65 in the spring, but we are still moving! Very happy about that.

We had about 18" (47 cm?) of snow this week. Loved it. Of course, I don't have to drive in it so that makes my life easier. It was in the 20's yesterday, not too cold, but comfortable for this kind of skiing (that's below zero centigrade, but I don't remember the conversion tables any more.) I added that since I notice that some of my followers are not used to the silly American system of measuring. I wish we would go along with the rest of the world and go metric, but that is unlikely to happen in my lifetime.

3 comments:

MySiteMalixi System Development said...

Nice post!
I would know to know more about your blog. You may also visit my blog and tell me what you think.

Linda H. Feinberg said...

Thank you. Just keep reading the old posts if you would like to know more. No advertising is allowed on this site. You can buy my artwork on my website at this time, or contact me personally.

Bruce said...

Looks fun!