Thursday, September 25, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

(Pickerel Weed, colored pencil drawing on black matboard.)


Summer is ending and fall beginning. The pickerel weed (member of water hyacinth family, pontederia cordata) will be gone soon and before we know it, ice will be on our lakes. The good part is that the mosquitoes and ragweed will also be gone soon. Most of my friends and readers know that I love winter, cold and snow, so I'm happy!

The month of Elul is also ending soon and Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year) starts at sunset on Monday, September 29th. Elul is a month of reflection. Usually on serious subjects, but sometimes not. My reflection last week and this one was on computer problems. But I now have a new motherboard and video card, so perhaps I can focus on the holiday and new beginnings. I plan on cooking the traditional foods and Joe will add a little something different too.

May it be a good year, filled with joy, peace and good health for all. L'Shanah Tovah.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

And to you and Joe! The best of everything in 5769. Hey, it's the 60's if you follow the Hebrew calendar!
Flashback.