Thursday, April 24, 2008

Can your horse sitter identify if your horse is not well?

What you should expect from your Horse Sitter (Part Three of Five)

When did your horse have colic last?

Just as horse insurance companies want to know the answer to that question. It is important for the sitter to know if your horse is prone to colic.

I always ask a client if they have made previous financial arrangements with their vet and their farrier if they need to be called when the client is away.

The client agreement, we sign together, authorizes me to pay for these services if no previous arrangement has been made. The client will then reimburse me.

I feel this is one of the critical areas that need to be addressed in horse sitting. Emergencies happen and expert help needs to be brought in immediately at times. To worry about who is going to pay the bill only delays effective treatment for your animals. My vet always has my credit card number on file.
PART FOUR OF FIVE WILL POST ON MAY 8TH

No comments: