Wednesday, May 9, 2012

On the easel this week

I am recovering from blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and thought just to post work in progress. The painting on the left is acrylic on canvas board, 11" X 14". It is an olive tree in the Galilee region of Israel (north, near the border with Lebanon). This painting is almost finished.

The picture on the right is an 8" X 10" pen and ink drawing of inside the old city walls in Jerusalem. I just started that one yesterday so it needs more work, but I enjoy drawing. I may put some color on it later with colored pencils. I haven't decided yet.

The eyelid surgery was interesting and you can see before and after pictures online, also videos (just use any search engine for blepharoplasty).  My left eyelid was hanging down so much it was interfering with my vision. The joys of aging, although my friend Max says it's better on this side of the grass, so I agree with him.

No comments: