Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sketching

No time to start a real project, but I've been doing a little sketching. I had a very small notebook with me when we were at a recital. I'm not used to drawing from live models (especially one that keeps moving), but I took my little sketch and made a bigger one on old sheet music.  I found an old children's piano book that was falling apart, but I like the music and was able to buy a new book, so now I'm using the old sheet music for art. A good way of recycling.

This pen and ink sketch was done from a photo of the horses running around the arena last spring. The dog was herding them. I couldn't quite get the sense of movement with the pen and ink. Will have to practice more. The foreshortening on the black horse (at right) was very challenging.

No comments: