Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Clark's Pond winter trail (WIP)

Heading out for vacation soon, but I thought I would post one last painting. It's not quite finished, but I like it so far. This is part of my trail series, 8" X 10". Small paintings that reflect my love of hiking and nature.  This trail is actually part of the abandoned railroad bed and runs for many miles starting in Manchester and Auburn, NH, near Lake Massabesic (the city's water supply). During the winter it is used by snowmobilers and cross country skiers. During other seasons it is popular with bikers, hikers and walkers (dogs love it too). Across the street there are other trails that are also used by sled dogs in the winter.

If you filter the blog by category "winter", you will find other posts on this trail. Click on this one with photos of Clark's Pond in winter. There are others, including some poems. (In right column, "posts by category")

No comments: