Monday, September 13, 2010

Old Photo


I was going through old photos this weekend, looking for photos of a dear cousin who passed away recently. I want to send them to her children.  Meanwhile, I found this one and cleaned it up a bit with Photoshop. This is what I looked like as a toddler, late 1940's. I think I will use this as a practice piece for drawing.  I have done some drawings of adults, but none of children yet.

I start my new painting class this week and I am looking forward to it. I tried mixing colors over the weekend (acrylics) and was frustrated. I am going to look for a color mixing book in the library this week. This should help too.

1 comment:

the teacher's pets said...

Hello!
So sorry that I took a hiatus from commenting on your blog lately but I'm back, finally!
I love black and white photos and I personally would rather see black and white than color anyday! What can I say, I'm an old-fashioned girl!
Please contact me again regarding interviewing your hubby! As a person with ADHD, I get distracted easily so a reminder helps a lot!
Be sure to visit my blog sometime at: http://theteacherspets.blogspot.com when you have a chance! April