Monday, June 7, 2010

Pomegranates



I am working on studies of pomegranates for Jewish New Year cards. Pomegrantes are symbols in both Jewish and Chinese art. This study was done with Chinese paints on double shuan paper. The background is a tea wash. The "chop" says "Linda". I ordered it several years ago from a Chinese shop in Los Angeles.  These can be ordered through the internet as well.

I will probably do two cards, both saying in Hebrew, L'Shanah Tova (For a good year) and in English "Best wishes for a sweet and fruitful new year". The second study I did was of the pomegranates in a basket, but I didn't like my composition and need to work on another one.  I may wind up doing this with watercolor or acrylics. The Chinese paper is very hard to work with.

See actual card on my website . It's under new products, also under holidays, inspirational.

No comments: