Wednesday, May 6, 2009
My scanner cut off the left side of my new piece (too long for it), but I thought I would put it up on the blog anyway. I have cut a mat and will now look for a frame. I started with pen and ink on hot press paper, then watercolor, using several different kinds, and even put a little bit of pastel in a few spots. I had a hard time with painting shadows. Definitely need more practice and more classes. I took the photo that I painted this from last fall on Belmont Street in Manchester, New Hampshire. I thought it was an interesting composition with the leaves against the fence. I think I'll make some cards with it too.