Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May Events

I haven't had time to do any blogging, but I have a good excuse. I spent the weekend preparing art for an exhibit. The synagogue in Derry, NH invited me to participate in their gallery exhibit next weekend. They have a weekend of festivities going on. For more information this is the link http://www.etzhayim.org/ (for weekend of May 29-31, 2009). They are partnering with NHJAC (New Hampshire Jewish Art Connection), a group I belong to, and I was honored to be invited to participate.

I have framed several prints and they are ready to hang. I also prepared a sampler book of cards and prints for anyone to browse through. They wanted to have some pieces with Hebrew calligraphy, so that is what I prepared.

In addition, I am also preparing for the Jewish Federation of New Hampshire's Israel Independence Day festivities on Sunday, May 31, 2009 (4-7 p.m.) http://www.jewishnh.org/ They will be having singing, dancing, food (always food at a celebration!), an i-dol type contest for kids, art and artisan tables. Joe and I will both be having tables there. This means production work for me instead of creating new work. Although, in the process of reproducing enough cards and prints to sell, I found files (on my computer and archived drive) that I thought I had lost and would have to recreate. Also found some jpg images that I created new cards from. So I continue through this week, working (my bookkeeping business), gardening a little (the seeds have sprouted) and doing a little bit of art and production. Life goes on.

No comments: