Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Solo Para Ti

 

Acrylic painting (Solo para ti) on stretched canvas, 14" X 14". Prints available at my website.  This painting looks really good on a coffee cup. Bright colors to go with your morning coffee.

I haven't been painting much due to my hand tremors, but abstract art does not require details. I bought many new tubes of acrylic paint to take an online class. While I was frustrated with painting like the instructor, I loved the colors and background information.  This canvas was gesso'ed and textured with flexible modeling paste. I had never tried that combination in the past.  It was fun too.

I was listening to an old CD by Ottmar Liebert and enjoying painting bright colors on the canvas to the lively music. I will continue with the online class and hope I learn more new techniques, but I don't expect my paintings to look anything like the professional artist.
                                                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments: