Thursday, April 4, 2024

My notebook

 


I have been playing with acrylic paint in my mixed media notebook. Once the paper dried I also decided to try my calligraphy pen and ink. Unfortunately my hands are too shaky (Parkinsons)  to do the Hebrew lettering well any more. That is sad, but I can still play with the ink. I was just experimenting with colors and mark making. I used a palette knife, plastic type spatula brush, bottle top and brushes. Fun to paint while listening to "Joe Cool's Blues" with Wynton and Ellis Marsalis on an old CD.

The top letters are one of the morning blessings thanking God for freeing the captives. Unfortunately, the Israel-Hamas conflict is continuing and the captives are not free. I pray for them and all the injured souls on both sides.  The bottom letters are just me practicing the Hebrew alphabet.


I enjoy listening to music while I paint. 



Happy Spring. This is a tree in my neighborhood. I noticed it has early blossoms every spring. I don't know what kind of tree it is, but I enjoy seeing it on my afternoon walks.


This one was watercolor in my notebook. I added more ink so it looks a bit more finished now. Based on my photo from summer vacation. Coast of Norway as seen from the cruise ship.


No comments: