Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Good morning

I haven't been doing much painting this summer, but I started taking a few classes again. This is an oil painting I finished in my class, Sea Stacks and Orcas (Kenai Fjords, Alaska). You can look at my Alaska photos in the last two posts and see that I combined two different photos into one painting. It is 14" X 18" on canvas.  I will post to my website later this week.


Meanwhile, it is very hot in Idaho. I took a short walk this morning with a friend to a reserve nearby. Even the ducks were resting.  The top photo shows the foothills around Boise in the background.

This is not an abstract painting, but an underpainting. My son is a diver and took some beautiful underwater photos. He gave me permission to use one and I will be working on it in class this week.
It will eventually look something like the photo below. I will probably do this one in acrylic paints. The moray is peaking out so I might call it "peak a boo" like the game we play with babies.


I am looking forward to fall. While Idaho is very hot in the summer, I do appreciate it in the winter. I don't have to struggle with the ice and snow the way I did for 40 years in New Hampshire.

No comments: