Friday, August 15, 2014

Back to painting

I worked more on the painting I had started when I was in Vermont (Four Corners Farm).  I really admire painters who can complete a painting outdoors in just a few hours.  I was happy puttering in my studio attempting to make the original painting look better.  I'm not sure it's done yet.

This is the view of the Connecticut River Valley from the Vermont side (the mountains are in New Hampshire). I think this needs a bit more work, but certainly looks better than my original that I posted a few weeks ago.

Meanwhile I have been compiling another poetry manuscript that I will be posting as an e-book ("Until the Angels Call"). My husband has done the initial proofreading and editing.  I have a couple of friends who are going to read it before I post it to Amazon.  I didn't realize I had so many poems to choose so it took me quite a while. I actually started this project in the spring, then put it away while we were traveling and took it out again in the last week or two.  I didn't feel like painting since I am having some health problems (the joys of aging!).

However, I am feeling better today and started an underpainting.  This is from the canyons in Yellowstone with all their beautiful colors.  All paintings on today's post are water mixable oils (Winsor & Newton Artisan) on 8" X 10" canvas.

No comments: