Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Canoe at Back Lake



The photo for this painting was taken several years ago when we were in Pittsburg, New Hampshire during the spring or summer. Pittsburg is at the top of the state, bordering on Canada.  It is a very large land area with very few people, a good place to have a quiet vacation.  Many people go there in the winter to snowmobile. We prefer to go in the summer to hike and fish and see the moose along the main road. There are many lakes and I've done other paintings from our trips there in the past.

This is a small acrylic painting on canvas board, 8 X 10. You can buy a print or card of it at my new website:
http://linda-feinberg.artistwebsites.com/featured/canoe-at-back-lake-linda-feinberg.html

I have just started working on a series of "trail paintings". I am using 8 X 10 canvases as I work my way through them. Trails can be a metaphor for our journeys through life, or they can just be trails that we enjoy walking or hiking on. Once I'm done with the small paintings, I'll see if I like any of them enough to actually do a larger canvas. I have one left at 16" X 20" and I'm not sure what to put on it.  I still haven't finished the bison painting since I'm unhappy with the sky, but I bought a frame for it so I hope that motivates me to finally finish it.

I'm enjoying the winter and I love looking out at the beautiful snow outside. It's a good time to paint although I do get outside every day to walk too.  The birds are enjoying our bird feeder in the backyard. The birds on the branches of the lilac are juncos. They are small birds. I think the one on the feeder is a sparrow.



No comments: