Saturday, November 10, 2012

Perpetual Student


painting
canvas on the easel
brushes and paints set out
is this who I am now?
an artist wannabe?
 
back in school again
university this time
not just art class
waking up my brain
relearning verb tenses
vocabulary and more
reviewing Spanish
starting to remember
 
I say I’ve retired
when people ask
but that is the wrong word
I need a new word
for this time of my life
as artist, poet, wife, mother
and perpetual student
 

©Linda H. Feinberg
I haven't done much writing since we came back from Israel in the winter. I was concentrating more on my art and now on my Spanish classes. I took out my notebook again last night and it felt like the right time to start writing again.
 
As an art update my drawing of Inside the City, Jerusalem, (6/7/2012 post) was accepted into a juried show in Boston. It will be at the Rubin-Frankel Gallery for the Alumni & Faculty Show from November 15, 2012 to January 15, 2013.

No comments: