Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tower Hill Pond

I have been looking at a photo I took a while back on one of our hikes and trying to decide if I wanted to do a large painting of it.  To help with the decision making process, I made a 9" X 12" watercolor.  I enjoyed painting it and have started on a 16" X 20" acrylic painting on canvas board.  This is the largest size I have tried with acrylic paints and I am enjoying painting.  I'll post the finished one when it's done.

Meanwhile I started back in school  to review Spanish.  I haven't studied the language or used it in over 20 years so I am hoping to wake up my memory cells.  I still read and understand the written language fairly well, but need to work on my speaking skills and understanding of the oral language. The state of New Hampshire has a senior waiver program for those over 65 and I am taking advantage of it.  I only have to pay the registration fees and book fee.  Since I am auditing, I do not have to pay for the credits.  The class is small and I hope we will move through some of the boring grammar quickly. This is at the University of New Hampshire in Manchester.


Just a little sketch from Sunday. I enjoy sketching while we are listening to the music at Stark Park. This was the last outdoor concert there for the summer season.

No comments: