Thursday, June 14, 2012

Soulmates (updated)


we two are one
soulmates joined on this journey
as I wrote in my tenth anniversary poem
so many years ago

we two are plus five
bringing our children together
they give us places to go
and people to see
both near and far

we two are two
celebrating our creativity
brainstorming ideas and titles
enjoying our separate interests
and sharing them with each other

the angels are still watching over us
still joining with us each Friday evening
as we sing to them
welcoming the Sabbath
blessing and being blessed
coming in and going out in peace

may we have many more songs
and many more years together

Happy anniversary my love

©Linda H. Feinberg
Author's note: I looked at my 10th anniversary poem (when we were renewing our vows) and thought it was a good time to update it.  Joe and I are celebrating our 23rd anniversary this month.

No comments: