Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ruth and Mike's Barn

This is a small acrylic painting on 6" X 6" canvas. I enjoy working on the small canvases since they don't take as much time. I made a couple of small cards from it for our next craft show, on Saturday in Stratham, NH.  Looking forward to this show even though it is a lot of work. We have heard good reports from our friends who have done it in the past.

The painting was done from a photo I took at our friend's house when we were invited to share a meal in their sukkah last month. Their farm is in Hollis, NH which is on the border with Massachusetts. Ruth is also an artist and showed me her new studio. It is beautiful and I am a little bit jealous (but not too much). I prefer living in the city and having easy access to the library etc.

I have another view of the barn and may make another painting of it at some time. I am working on another small painting (also 6 X 6) of poppies, and a larger one (11 X 14) of a canal with buildings in Leuven, Belgium. I lived there from 1969-1974 and have some old photos. I found one that was interesting and decided to start on a painting of it. That will probably take a few weeks to finish.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Painting is hard work isn't it. Thanks for your comments on Kim's blog. I like your web page where you are selling your work, it's very well done. Cheryl