Sunday, May 22, 2011

resonance - haiku

resonance healing
with Tibetan singing bowls
gongs, bells, tinkling chimes


copyright 2011 Linda H. Feinberg

I attended a Tibetan singing bowl concert recently. I've been interested in Tibet for many years as I see the parallels between their exile and the Jewish diaspora.  The concert had nothing to do with politics or religion. It was a demonstration of this art. I found it very relaxing, but after a while I was bored and took out my sketch book and pencil.  I didn't have enough time before she ended the concert to make a good sketch, but I did write some notes. The bowls are made of 7 metals to match the 7 heavenly planetary bodies. This includes the moon. The bowls are tuned to the chakras. Since I am not familiar with these, I can't say much more. Lots of information on Wikipedia if you want to learn more. A worthwhile and interesting experience.

I have also found the resonance of singers without musical accompaniment that lingers after the chant is finished in a room, and of the piano when I play, to be a source of positive spiritual energy. The singing bowls gave me that same sensation as well.

No comments: