Monday, June 22, 2009

Rain, rain go away....




It feels like it has been raining forever. I did get out for a 45 minute walk this morning in between the raindrops. I took my camera with me. These are neighborhood photos, one of a dogwood tree, the other of lupines. I never had any success growing lupines myself, so I admire my neighbor's. Everything is very green because of the rain. Unfortunately, we also have mold (powdery mildew) in our back yard because of it. I prepared an organic spray yesterday from directions on the internet (1 part milk, 9 parts water in a spray bottle). It remains to be seen whether this works since it rained again after we put it on.

It's supposed to be summer here now, but it doesn't feel like it. Anyway, I'll probably be very warm this weekend since I'll be in Salt Lake City at the Utah Arts Festival (http://www.uaf.org/). Looking forward to hiking, art, time with family.

No comments: