Thursday, March 12, 2009

Joe's filly

I'm not sure if this piece is finished. I may add some more shadows, but it was fun working on it. I posted it today because I realize that I have been so busy (no surprise for me at this time of year with my bookkeeping business) that I have not been doing any posting. Anyway, I hope to get back to posting more as my business quiets down. The filly is now grown up (almost 2) and lives in Mojave, California with Joe's daughter & family. I did the pen and ink sketch from a photo I took when I was out there. All sand & scrub brush, but the desert has its own beauty.

We can see some bare ground in spots, but I know we'll have more snow before spring arrives. The birds have been chirping away and I enjoy watching them and listening to them, but I can do without the skunk smell in the early mornings and evenings. It is their mating season now.

No comments: