Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chapter Seven Directed by the President

"John, as CIA director and former deputy director I have never seen a joint meeting held by our two agencies. I sense that you feel it is too touchy of a situation and I am hoping we can provide the president with what he needs and not let inter-agency pettiness get in the way."

"Allison, I'm surprised that you even think this."

"Okay John, you're surprised, but I want to lay my cards on the table. This is a national security issue and we cannot allow ourselves to present this information in any way but a jointly supported proposal. We cannot use this forum to grandstand. We need to clarify the issues and give our opinions as jointly supported or give them with each other's viewpoints. I don't want you to come up with something that will make the CIA appear incompetent and I will not do that to the NSA. Everything we discuss here is for presentation. Should other issues arise before the meeting, let's both agree to notify the other. Clear!"

No comments: