Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Classwork and old paintings

Now that we have unpacked and settled down somewhat in our new Idaho home, we took a brief trip to Idaho City through the foothills outside of Boise.  I decided to try a painting in my Friday morning class with Kevin McCain.  This is water mixable oil paint on canvas board, 9" X 12". I think it's done now. At least it's done for me as I got tired of working on it.

I have been mixing colors and testing them on a paper for my next class project. I'm going to do a fall painting of my house in Manchester with the bright New England colors of fall. I've never painted an image of my house, so that should be interesting.  It is just for me. 

I have been giving away paintings to my family here. One of the desert to my daughter who moved from Mojave to Boise. Another of the horses from Mojave for the granddaughter who moved from there to Oregon (and still has some of the horses).  Another granddaughter loved my phony Van Gogh painting that I did from an internet video and my other daughter loved my sci fi type painting with multiple moons.  So now, I need to do some paintings for myself, and later on some that can possibly be sold.

View from Sharon's house in Mojave.

Gregory and his mares
sunflowers Van Gogh style

Many moons

This one was based on real scenery as seen in Valley of the Fire State Park. I just changed the colors and added some moons.


Interruption: Mac was staring at something so I got out my camera and took a picture of the squirrel on the fence who was staring right back at him. I'm not sure what he has in his mouth since we don't have acorns and oak trees by this house. The squirrels here in Idaho seem to be a little different in color from the gray squirrels in NH. Very cute though.



No comments: