Lesson 1 was dreadful. When I brought it home, I fixed the color on the orange a little better, but the objects were not in proportion. I sort of remembered how to do the folds in the drapery. I liked the feel of the paint.
Lesson 2 was a little better. The teacher had to help me with perspective. He also showed me how making the shadows a bit darker really helps the image. Again, I enjoyed doing the drapery folds.
Lesson 3 was on white objects with a splash of color. I didn't get the pitcher shape right (again, I need more practice with measuring objects), but I liked the way it came out. I didn't pay close attention to the dark drapery in the back and later on realized it was a dark blue, not black. Good thing I don't have to worry about getting graded on my artwork!
Meanwhile, I am still working on my 4' x 5' canvas project with acrylic paints. I am enjoying that and hope to finish it within the next 2-3 weeks. Then I can focus more on the oil paints. As a landscape painter I would like to be able to do more plein air painting and that definitely works better with oil paints. Acrylic paints dry too quickly.
On the positive side during this week, I sold a painting! Naturally, it was a beautiful flower. A good choice to look at when there is so much snow outside, over 80 inches so far (this is higher than 2 meters). Cards and prints are available on my website of that painting. I'm happy with the winter, but a little tired of shoveling so much snow.