Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Frankenstein Cliffs

This is the final painting of Frankenstein Cliffs. I just have to varnish it.I'm thinking about buying more floater frames  since I like the way they look. Photo below shows my painting of Mount Willard in a floater frame. These are both acrylic paintings, 16" X 20" on stretched canvas.  I enjoy working on this size canvas. My earlier posts give more information on the hike.


Both of these scenes are in Crawford Notch, New Hampshire. This is a beautiful area of the state for hiking. There are many places on the highway where you can just pull into a parking area and take photos (for the non-hikers). This is in the White Mountains of NH, about 3 hours drive north of Boston. Route 302 is generally kept open, even in the winter.

I have a few more fall classes to finish up my small oil paintings.  I also started a workshop on palette knife painting.  I have learned the difference now between palette knives and painting knives. I'm looking forward to my class this Thursday. We have already prepared an underpainting to work on, a little scene with mountains, trees and grass. It should be fun to play with.

I have been preparing my card inventory for my next craft show which is coming up soon. Saturday, Nov. 9th at Brookside Church, 2013 Elm Street, Manchester, NH, 9-3.  This will be my 4th year displaying at this fair. I share a table with my husband, author Joe Smiga and we enjoy meeting with all the people there and looking at the other tables.  It's a good place to pick up gift items, or items for yourself. See you there.

To purchase a card or print of these images: Frankenstein Cliffs
View from Mount Willard


No comments: