Wednesday, October 17, 2012

View from Mount Willard

I finally finished and varnished this painting. You can see it on my easel in one of the photos of my studio below. This is the view from the top of Mount Willard in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, looking down at the roads below. Mount Willard is in the Crawford Notch area and is a moderate hike. You are inside the treeline all the way up to the top ledge.  The views are of the presidential range of mountains in New Hampshire.

This painting is 16" X 20" on stretched canvas, acrylic paint.  I put it up for sale on my website and will show it at the next craft fairs that we are doing in November and December. I am getting more comfortable working on these larger canvases and have started a winter scene with a snowmobile now. I did a small watercolor study first to help me with the composition.

I did darken the background on the amaryllis painting (post before this one) and I think it looks more dramatic.

It's very beautiful in New Hampshire now. I love the cooler temperatures and the fall colors. We had a small earthquake (4.0) last night, but no damage.  These are trees in my yard:


No comments: