Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Open House/Open Studio

On Sunday we hosted an open house/open studio for friends, business associates, neighbors etc. This was the first time I thought of doing this and it was very successful. I cleaned up my studio a bit, found old art to display along with new pieces, set up my card racks and enjoyed my visitors. I sold lots of cards, one print and one original painting (bougainvillea). You can see it in the 3rd photo below (the red flowers - next to the window).

We are starting the craft fair season soon and this was a good start for both of us. Joe is celebrating the publication of his fifth book "What Keeps You Going" and has already received positive feedback from readers. I'm very proud of him. Some people don't know what to do when they retire, but that has not been a problem for either of us! Joe set up his books in our dining room upstairs and was happy with his sales too. (My studio is on the ground level of our house, a raised ranch. This is my old bookkeeping office.)


 
 
 

 

No comments: