Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just playing with paint today

I think I like this one enough to work on it some more and finish it. I used a palette knife and brush, odd colors, acrylic paints on canvas board. The original photo is from Beaver Brook Falls in Colebrook, on the way to Pittsburg, NH, but I abstracted it. This was fun to do today.

Another fun project. Just drip paint on the paper (either watercolor or acrylic paper) and then use an old credit card or flat palette knife to pull it down vertically. To keep white space, drip glazing medium first. I probably won't do anything with these, but I enjoyed making a big mess! Make sure you have newspaper underneath or something that's easy to clean. As you pull the paint down, it gets all over the bottom of the paper. You can use the pooled paint with your brush and paint with it. If the paint is still wet, you can use stamps or other items to make marks in the paint.

No comments: