Friday, December 24, 2010

My new camera

Just bought a new camera and I'm learning how to use it. The guidebook is intimidating so I'm trying a few shots on my own. It is a Canon SX210 IS. The zoom feature (14X) is easy to use. The camera stores very large files (14.1) so I have to shrink them down on my computer before I upload them.

The photos are of work in process. I hope to eventually do a painting on canvas of the horses. The foot needs to be lightened up a little (it was from a photo taken in Caesaria, Israel), the sketch I posted earlier. The sunset painting is an experiment using a book by Donna Dewberry ("fast and fun landscape painting"), but I'm using my own photo, not hers. The sunset stripes are done with a sponge. The bottom part was done with a palette knife and I have no idea how to use it. Obviously, I'll need some more lessons. Anyway, it was fun to work on and I'll keep at it a bit more over the weekend.

Some outside photos taken just to try out the camera. These are from my yard, squirrel pawprints in the snow, some berries clinging to a bush and the view of my neighbor's house and fence (backyard).



No comments: