Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More hiking pictures

Dina took some wonderful pictures of our hikes together. I hope this link works here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=270814&id=691330617&l=f4f3fda9ef

Just finished a non-fiction book that some of my "senior" friends and family may be interested in, borrowed from the library: The Third Chapter, Passion, Risk, and Adventure in the 25 years after 50. By Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot. It was interesting to see how well I fit in with the people she wrote about. I started taking art classes about 10 years ago and I'm looking forward to retiring in three more years to I can do more with what I have learned. Joe started writing seriously in his 60's and now has his first novel out (with some very good reviews!).

While I certainly can't hike as well as I did 10 years ago, I am still appreciating what I can do and enjoying this stage of life.

No comments: