Sunday, August 9, 2020

Pandemic Story

 

Pandemic Story

The synagogues are empty now

We only hear a little Torah on Zoom

We wear masks to go inside anywhere

take them off at the Y when exercising

 

Had my temp checked at the doctor’s

even though my follow-up visit

was unrelated to Covid

 

Missed my visit back east for Passover

Don’t know if I’ll see my family again this year

May even miss Gert’s 100th birthday.

 

People are angry

I am sad, not angry

Politics are getting very nasty this year

 

How long will we wait for good news . . .

We’ve been praying for Moshiach for years

I keep hoping for some positive news

I know there are good people out there

 

Even after reading sci-fi books and stories

for many years, 


I did not see this disaster as happening

 

I’ll go back to my books and painting

keeping my imagination positive

grateful for what I do have now

 

©2020 Linda H. Feinberg

No comments: