Thursday, June 25, 2020

Celebration Park, Melba Idaho


I went out again with the plein air painters group, but it was raining. I took lots of photos, decided not to paint outside. I didn't want to set everything up and have to take it down quickly. Meanwhile I walked around the park, over the bridge and enjoyed the views of the Snake River in Melba. I had not been here before so I am enjoying finding new places to paint with the other artists.https://linda-feinberg.pixels.com/featured/celebration-park-linda-feinberg.html

The top painting is The Path Not Taken, 8 X 10, water mixable oils on canvas board. The next one is Celebration Park, 10" X 20" water mixable oils on stretched canvas. I made a watercolor sketch first to see if I liked it enough to spend time on it. It was complicated with the fence and road.

watercolor sketch (study)

More photos from my walk around and here is a link to the park website.  The last part of the drive was over a pot holed dirt road. I had my tires checked the next day but they were fine.











No comments: