Monday, March 30, 2020

Shadows, bugs and flowers

Oil painting on stretched canvas, 11 X 14.
This is another painting from Alberta, red rock area. I think I need to work on it more as the shadow on the mountain seems to me to be an animal with a long tail. My husband doesn't see it so maybe that is just my imagination.

Meanwhile, I was tired of oil paints and cleanups so I took out my old watercolor pans and brushes to play with on a sketchbook.  I copied drawings from a Chinese painting book, but did not have the correct paper for that painting. I think I gave away those papers when I moved to Idaho, almost 3 years ago, so I just played with what I have.


I enjoyed doing these and will practice some more on them as we are still restricted to home due to the virus. Stay safe wherever you are.


No comments: