Monday, September 7, 2026

The final journey

 


After 2 years in a memory care facility, my beloved husband finally is at peace. I have been grieving for a long time, so now I hope I will start painting again soon and sharing with any who have been wondering what happened.  When we read the story of Hannah from the Tanach (Jewish Bible)  1 Samuel (1:1-2:10), the words she used in Hebrew were "Marat Nefesh" because she did not have a child.  Translated usually as broken hearted.  I felt that heart break and the literal translation Marat is bitter, Nefesh is soul.  I felt a bitterness of my soul as well as my broken spirit.  Many of my friends have comforted me and it's good to know that as a lifetime introvert, I have made friends as I've gotten older.  I had a birthday celebration in April when I turned 80 so officially I am definitely old.  

I wrote a long obituary with my delightful granddaughter's help in editing and adding to my words. She found a site online to post it with  photos. 

The Jewish new year starts this weekend (Sept 11, 2026). I did not design a new card this year. May we all have a year filled with peace, good health and some creativity too.




 



No comments: