Friday, October 7, 2022

Surprise!

 

An artist friend came over last night when I offered him some home made cabbage soup. He browsed in my studio and bought this old painting.  It was one that I had not shown anywhere. I think he liked it because it was totally different from my landscapes and flowers.  Anyway, I signed it and titled it "Surprise".  It reminded me of a Jack in the Box popping up. We had a good time talking and I had just ordered some prints from him so I was really surprised that he wanted to buy something from me.

This was a fun playdate (years ago) with a friend at her studio. She pulled out some panels and some acrylic paint pouring supplies and told me to just have fun.  I did! Looking at the image, I think I might have been thinking about some lizards I had been painting in the past, but this guy reminds me more of a dragon with his big teeth! 


No comments: