Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A peaceful day

A Quiet Day, oil painting 12" X 16" on stretched canvas. Available on coffee cups, mugs, face masks etc. on my website.  While we are in spring in Idaho (lots of flowers blooming, pollen causing allergies etc.), I was thinking of a quiet, peaceful time in Maine.  This was a scene in the Belgrade Lakes area of Maine in the fall.  I had a hard time with getting the greens dark enough to look like my photo, but I am still learning.  I have made charts of different color combinations and that helps me too with the mixing.

Sitting by a lake anywhere in the world gives a sense of peace. I remember being upset and sitting by a river when I was younger, or riding my bike to the end of the peninsula to sit by the Long Island Sound when I was growing up.  I will be glad when the shelter at home stuff is done.  While I am an introvert, I do miss a little socializing.  We have been going to our sabbath services online with Zoom. It is not the same.

Now I will turn back to spring and play with an image of poppies. I think that will be fun for my next painting.



No comments: