Thursday, February 14, 2013

View from Barrett Mountain

This is another small painting (8" X 10") in my trails series, acrylic on canvas board. I was very frustrated trying to get a good JPG photo. The greens on my canvas did not come out right in the photo no matter what lighting I used. I guess I will have to ask one of my photographer friends for some advice.

Barrett Mountain is in southwestern New Hampshire, near Mount Monadnock. There are several places on the trail where you can see Mount Monadnock in the distance. I posted photos from that hike on here in 2010. Try this link to see those photos and a description of the hike.

I have two other small paintings started, but they will take a while. Despite being retired, I am still very busy with family and volunteer projects. I will be taking a vacation starting next week for 10 days and I'm looking forward to it. I will post some photos from sunnier climates when I return.

Happy Valentines Day.

No comments: