Sunday, February 18, 2024

My Journey

 


11 X 14, oil on canvas board. Abstract reflecting my life.  I have been struggling with Parkinsons and can no longer paint the way I want to, but I still enjoy playing with the paint.  The black background reflects my lifelong struggle with depression/anxiety. The butterfly shows that I can fly at times. The hearts are for a life filled with love and gratitude. The white is for my white hair.  The zig zags are for my thorns, the moments when I am making sarcastic or pointed comments. The horsehead and flower reflect my attempt at kindness. The branches from my yard were my original inspiration.



Recently I received some lovely comments from a group I belong to on Facebook. 

From Facebook:

Hi, everyone! Happy Friday! I hope your week is going well, as we are now past the middle of February. Spring is just around the corner!

Since it’s Friday, we also know that it’s time for our Friday morning shout-outs, when three AAM members are chosen for what they contribute to this group. Posts of work, comments, advice, suggestions, questions, or sending invitations can all help our group remain interesting, relevant, educational and strong. So, without further delay, here are this week’s shout-outs. . .

Linda Feinberg - Not only does Linda share posts of her work, but she shares interesting, informative articles, humorous posts, opportunities for artists in her area, and inspiring work from other artists. Linda is a valued member of AAM and is an inspirational member herself. She continues to realize the importance of painting as she deals with hand tremors, and, to me, that’s a gutsy, positive approach to keeping the faith and allowing the art to take you in different directions. Linda, I can’t even tell you how motivational you are! So happy you are on AAM with us!

So I'm happy that I am motivating/inspiring other artists while I continue to attempt to be creative and make art myself. As I am not a professional artist and do not need to earn a living from my art, it is good to know that I am helping others. I do enjoy selling a few paintings from time to time and sharing my art that way, but being inspirational to someone else is a good reward for me too.



No comments: