Thursday, October 5, 2023

Rainy Weekend at camp



 The YMCA had a Women's Wellness Weekend at their camp in Cascade, Idaho this past weekend. Unfortunately it rained most of the time. I still had an enjoyable weekend and it was nice to get away to the mountains since I live in the city. This was the dirt road to the archery site.



I could still hit the target. I did archery in high school, over 60 years ago. Many of my arrows hit, but then bounced off. One stuck in the target so I could get a photo.  Several went over the top of the target. I would definitely need more practice if I took this up again. It was fun to try it.




Luxury camping. The cabin had some heat, bunk beds with mats (I brought my own sleeping bag), indoor toilets and showers.  There were also yurts that did not have those facilities. The campers who stayed in the yurts had to walk out to another building for the toilet and shower. I was happy to be in a cabin with only 6 campers. We all had lower bunks. It was a 10-15 minute walk to the Lodge and meals, only a few minutes to walk to the barn where I took some classes. One was a guided meditation, excellent class. I remember doing that when I was seeing a therapist many years ago. Very relaxing and helpful.


No comments: