Sunday, December 25, 2022

3 more abstracts

 

Swimming in circles, Oil on canvas board, 10" X 10". Not totally abstract, but I decided my blobs of paint looked like koi fish. I remember seeing them in the ponds at Kibbutz Ma'agan Michael in Israel along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. They raise them for sale at that kibbutz. They also feed the wild birds in some of their ponds too.

Tied up in knots. Oil on canvas board 8" X 10". Sometimes I feel like this as I grow older. I thought those emotions would be resolved when I finished my adolescence, but I guess I deal with them better in my senior age.


Soul afire. 8' X 10" on gessoed hardboard. This was a fun exercise today playing with my free acrylic  samples from the Golden company.  The yellow paint reminded me of the flames from the Chanukah candles.  I see some other images in the abstractions too. 

Happy Holidays.


No comments: