Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Abstract


 Lotus from Tibet, 8" X 10", oil on canvas board.

I decided to play with primary colors, red, blue and yellow, also used some white to mix. I didn't have a plan, and this is what appeared. I enjoyed mixing the colors. Now that I am older and my hands don't work as well, I may do more abstract paintings, although I don't think I'll give up on landscapes. They will just take longer to paint.

I received the lotus stencil from International Campaign for Tibet as a thank you for a donation. It sat on my desk for a while and I decided to use it for my artwork. I have been interested in the Dalai Lama and the issues with Tibet for many years, since I read the book "The Jew in the Lotus" by Rodger Kamenetz. The book is still available on Amazon.  I think I read that book in the 80s. I also met some of the rabbis in the 90s  who were on that trip when I went on a retreat in NY.



No comments: