Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Fall Colors in Idaho

 








Fall colors are a bit dull in Idaho now. I went to Horseshoe Bend with a few other artists from Plein Air Painters of Idaho and attempted plein air painting again. I still find it very hard and I'm not happy with the results.  The good part was finding out this pond (Mill Pond) gets stocked in the spring and hubby and I can go fishing there.  It is only about a 45 minute drive through the mountains from our home. Elevation around 4000 feet.


This is a beautiful western maple in our yard. It is almost finished shedding its leaves, but the sunlight on the few remaining reminded me of the cadmium yellow tube of oil paint I have in my collection. I don't use that color very often.


This is really a beautiful tree, but I don't enjoy raking up all the leaves. ;)

This is a photo from last year. Most of the leaves I see this year are not that bright. We have had a very hot and dry year here in Idaho (climate change I guess).


No comments: