Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Snake River

 



It has been too hot to paint outside (100 F for 10 days in a row, approx 38 C) so I painted this inside my air conditioned studio from last year's plein air painting trip to Murphy, Idaho and the Snake River. Acrylic on canvas, 10" X 20". I used last year's painting and my photos as a guide.

I have not been motived to paint much lately. The heat has really affected me. We still have a few more days of this. I don't know how desert people manage. Southern Idaho's environment is considered "high" desert since it is in t he foothills of the rockies. Our elevation is around 2700 feet. Water supply comes from the high mountains and snow melt, but there wasn't as much snow this year and we are in drought conditions. Not sure how long that will last.




No comments: